1. Find out the true value of your home in today’s market.
2. Allow yourself adequate time to spend with potential buyers.
3. Confidently take charge of sales and marketing duties.
4. Prepare yourself for any criticism that may come about from buyers, either trying to bargain you down, or are simply straight to the point. Stay composed at all times.
5. Make sure you are comfortable screening potential buyers. Negotiation = knowledge; your house, you know the truth! – You must make sure you separate yourself from the emotional attachment of the home, failure to do so will most certainly jeopardise the sale and make criticism that little bit harder to take. Be firm, be honest!